What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining administrator privilege on your Android Phone which helps to modify system partition of your phone. It is just like jail-breaking an iPhone but with much more control over your phone.
After rooting you can access system files, delete them, modify them and do whatever you want. Instead of Company boot logo you can set your picture and much more.
Advantages Of Rooting
- You can delete/freeze system apps using apps like Root Explorer, Root Browser, Titanium backup etc.
- Install AdAway/AdFree to get rid of ads from your phone.
- Tweak your Android to Optimize performance, Battery and stability.
- Remove certain system restriction like converting external sd card to internal or enable usb-otg using custom kernels.
- Backup your phone completely using TWRP, Titanium Backup, completely with their data.
- Automate Everything Using apps like Tasker.
- Lastly Flash Custom ROM for system updates even if your manufacturer has disowned your device.
- Save battery with help of cool apps like Greenify.
Disadvantages of Rooting
- Kiss Goodbye to warranty, Though some devices can be restored to 100% stock, many devices of Samsung and HTC can’t be restored 100% leading to loss of warranty.
- Instability: Certain Tweaks Can lead to unstable system, frequent force closes and auto reboot.
- Risk of Brick if important files are messed up with.