Official AOSP ROM for Mi3 & Mi4 – Here’s How to install it
Xiaomi is gaining market confidence with its affordable products and high spec’d product. General notion has been made about Xiaomi that it offers best products for the price half from competition. Now to add icing on cake Xiaomi developers are working on AOSP ROM for those who don’t like MIUI 5 or MIUI 6 which is in beta testing. AOSP ROM for Mi3 & Mi4 is in beta stage yet is very stable.
The AOSP ROM is pure vanilla Android KitKat 4.4.4 and runs on Xiaomi’s kernel compiled from sources which many developers want to be disclosed. Some believes its a Xiaomi trick to not Open-Source the resources to developers yet whatever future may behold we have to accept it and for now if anyone want perfectly stable AOSP ROM this one is sure to go with.
There’s no major bug but a minor thing as it has bit higher vibration strength, rest is perfect. There’s also few addition options and GAPPS don’t come bundled,
and it is only in Chinese yet activating other languages is quiet easy now it has most of languages enabled. It also comes pre-rooted so tweaking won’t require any addition steps on your behalf.
How to Install AOSP ROM on Mi3W/Mi4
These ROM is only compatible with Mi3 Snapdragon variant also termed Cancro or Mi3W and Mi4.
Download AOSP —– Mi4/Mi3W AOSP ROM
1. Install Custom Recovery
- Firstly you need CWM Recovery on your Mi3/Mi4.Download icon-long-arrow-right Mi4 CWM or Mi3 CWM
- Then Goto Setting>Updater or Open Updater App from homescreen.
- Press menu button and then “Select update package”
- Click on install.
- Reboot in CWM by Powering device off and then Holding Volume Up + Power On and when you see Mi logo keep pressing Volume Up leaving Power key.
- Backup your device by rebooting to recovery and scrolling down to Backups and Restore.(Not necessary yet highly recommended)
- As data Wipe is necessary and you cannot use same data or else apps may force close you can visit our Backup and Restore thread to Backup your Device so as to have minimal data loss.
3. Wipe User Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe User Data/Factory Reset is a must to avoid any force close so make sure not to forget these step.
- Goto Wipe Data/Reset in CWM using Volume Keys and press Power Key to confirm.
- Wiping cache may take more than 5-mins but keep waiting as it generally takes very long.
4. Install AOSP KitKat 4.4.4
- Make sure to select System 1 first as AOSP ROM don’t work perfectly in System 2.
- Next scroll down and goto Install Zip.
- Select the downloaded ROM you transferred on your phone storage.
- Let it install as it generally take 5-8 minutes.
- Next Goto Advanced and see if System 1 is active or not. If not activate it or you will reboot in MIUI.
- After Selecting System 1 as active system click on reboot system now.
- You should now boot in AOSP ROM.
[su_carousel source=”media: 502,503,504,505,507″ link=”lightbox”]
If you by any chance want to go back to MIUI either restore the backup you made before flashing AOSP or follow this Guide.
I hope you have successfully flashed the AOSP ROM on your phone with Google Play and Google Now with your favorite language. If you face any issues connect with me on twitter, comments, or hangouts on email@example.com