Once upon a time a software update generally meant bug fixes and now since the advent of smart phones software updates are the quick way of keeping existing users happy. Some company have customer satisfaction engraved in heart and OnePlus One is one among them.
The new software update which takes the build of CyanogenMod 11S in OnePlus One to 38R has gained many new features along with several improvements. Below is the official changelog:-
- Improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen.
- A new and very cool lockscreen.
- Ability to take photos in RAW format.
- Enhanced audio capabilities (24 bit, 96/192khz—flac/alac/wav files without resampling).
- ANT+ support.
- Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
- Added pause button during video recording.
- Improved battery life.
In general this update generally has lots of new features for camera and photographers will love the ability to capture RAW format images, while bug reporting and fixing will be improved with direct connection to Cyanogen and battery life improvement is always welcome.
In addition to the new features following few niggles reported by users have been dealt with so more stability in software department is ascertained:-
- Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
- Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
- Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
- Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
- Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
- Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
- Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.
The update is seeding OTA and should land on every OnePlus One very soon as updates generally are seeded in phases gradually. Do let us if you have received the update in comments below.