Earlier last month a preview of Samsung Android L release for Galaxy S5 was brought to us by famous Sammobile and now again more refined Android Lollipop build has surfaced for Galaxy S5. The screenshots showing comparison between previous leaked build and new one can be seen by visiting source linked below.
Samsung has upgraded its Android Lollipop base from LRW58J to LRX02E and there’s a host of improvement. The new build is very much stable yet all features don’t work so no downloads as of now. Samsung is working hard to get Android Lollipop ready before December on Galaxy S5 and seeing the progress it seems possible, though carriers may take time to update due to issues with certification.
List of changes in the new Lollipop build as quoted by Sammobile:
• New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
• New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
• New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
• Google Search bar in recents menu
• Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
• Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
• Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
• Music: Improved UI
• Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
• Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
• Contacts: New search box
• Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
• Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
• Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
• New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
• Better spacing between options in power off dialog