Apple has recently launched the new generation of iPhones with bigger and better display along with new iOS 8.1 and the developers have managed to jailbreak. So this time it didn’t took much time for an untethered jailbreak which is a good news for fans.
Jailbreaking your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible by following further all losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
icon-book Guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Device Supported by Pangu Jailbreak
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3)
- iPod touch 5
iOS Version Supported
- iOS 8.0
- iOS 8.1
Step -1: Make Sure the iOS version number
Check the version number of your Apple device and make sure you have iOS 8 or above for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2 and 8.1.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Not really necessary but better to be safe then to be sorry. A backup is always recommended.
Use iTunes to create a backup of current setting and system.
icon-download Step 1: Download Required Files
icon-desktop Step 2: Open Downloaded file on PC
Open the downloaded file on PC and connect your device using usb cable.
icon-fire Step 3: Click on “Jailbreak”
Just click on “ StartJailbreak” to begin the process. Wait till the application does it work. Once application is done with its work proceed further to next step. You will asked to change date to 2nd, June 2014, and set the time to 20:30.
Step 4: Final Process
Your device will reboot couple of time and you will see Pangu App along with Cydia when your process finishes.
Sometimes you will get an error during jailbreak and its due to multiple reasons just see below solution to few errors.
- Unable to jailbreak devices that are upgraded via OTA: If you used OTA to update phone instead of iTunes then Pangu might not work in some cases. Simply restore your device using iTunes or follow this guide for manually updating to iOS 8.1.
- If still error persist then switch your device to airplane mode, disable passcode and find my iPhone features in system setting.
- Now also you are facing error restart both iPhone and PC and even if then error continues try using another PC.
- DO NOT delete this file “com.apple.mobile.softwareupdated.plist” or disable the service. Otherwise, It will cause your devices unable to reboot
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post if you like it.