Motorola Official Android Lollipop seeding to Moto X and Moto G 2014
Motorola seems to be ahead in race with Android Lollipop 5.0 ready for Moto X 2nd Gen and Moto G 2nd Gen just in matter of days when their test OTA was seeded to lucky few. Now officially Motorola has started sending the update to both Moto X and Moto G.
The new update along with Android Lollipop brings the Material Design which have won many hearts in small time. There’s new lockscreen notifications, faster performance and more battery life thanks to Project Volta.
Now you can turn flashlight by swiping down with two fingers from the status bar and set up multiple profiles on your device. There’s also change in multi tasking menu which now has went to another level with different task being listed instead of apps. For ex if you are going back and forth on various documents in one app all of them will be listed in the list of task running cool isn’t it.
Currently the rollout is scheduled to start in phase with Moto X (2nd Gen.) Pure Edition, Moto G (2nd Gen.) US GSM & Moto G (2nd Gen.) Global GSM retail versions sold in the US variants being the first to get it with other countries to get it in coming few days.
How to Update to Android Lollipop on Moto X and Moto G ?
- Connect to a good network connection WiFi preferred.
- Open Settings>About Phone>Software Updates.
- Check for updates and you will see a notification for Lollipop update.
- Select “Yes, I’m in“. After the software is downloaded, select “Install now“.
- If you didn’t receive notification just wait for a day or two as generally updates are rolled out in phases to reduce load on servers.
Congrats to Motorola again for winning confidence of their customers again and to users on getting latest dessert so quick on their phone.