OnePlus One is the flagship killer device at a price of mid ranger it is surely a value for money for every buyer. But the power users crave much more than a perfect phone as they like even more features and customization options which is available only after obtaining root permission. So below is one of the most easy way to root your OnePlus One.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible by following further all losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Guide on How to Root OnePlus One Easily
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for OnePlus One and all its variants only running on all versions of Android.
Read Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting
Step 0: Backup your Device
Necessary as all your data including those stored in memory will be deleted so backup everything or else you will loose everything. The loss of data is due to bootloader unlocking and it happens during locking and relocking bootloader.
Step 1: Download Required Files
- Downlod Root Package Click Here and install it on your Windows PC.
- Download and Install Latest ADB Drivers icon-long-arrow-right Click Here
- SuperSU Click Here
- TWRP for OnePlus One icon-long-arrow-right Click Here
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools Click Here
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader
Open the OnePlus One Toolkit on your Windows PC and follow the steps below.
Enter Fastboot Mode by turning device off and pressing Volume Up and Power Key for 10 seconds together and connect it to PC. Simply select Unlock- Method 1 in left hand corner and click on Unlock Bootloader button below.
Step 3: Install Custom Recovery on OnePlus One
- USB Debugging – On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging
- Disable CM Recovery Protection – On your phone go to Settings > Developer options and disable the ‘Update recovery with system updates‘ option.
- Rename the downloaded recovery to twrp.img and tranfer it to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. Open the Minimal ADB and fastboot tool.
- Boot toastboot Mode by turning device off and pressing Volume Up and Power Key for 10 seconds together and connect it to PC and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img in the black window and hit enter to install custom recovery.
- Type fastboot reboot to turn phone on.
Step 3: Root OnePlus One
- After phone is on connect it to PC and transfer the downloaded SuperSu to your phone.
- Reboot to Recovery by turning it off and pressing Volume Down and Power Key for 10 seconds together.
- In recovery touch install and select supersu.zip and swipe to confirm flash. Reboot by touching reboot option in recovery.
Now your device is perfectly rooted just enjoy the benefits of being SuperUser.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access on OnePlus One install the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post if you like it.