Just purchased the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and having trouble connecting it to the PC? Well, fret not as our all in one driver Guide will make sure you are rescued from the situation. It’s most probably a drivers issue, and it varies from various versions of Windows, XP being the worst as its quiet old and manufacturers don’t care anymore.
Finding the right drivers for device is somewhat difficult, Luckily, in case of Samsung Android devices, it’s easier. You’ve couple of easy options to install Galaxy S6 driver on your PC, first being the drivers installer itself which may not work in some cases (like XP), and second being the Samsung Kies software which most of us don’t likes but it gets the drivers installed done, so its worth installing in case you aren’t successful with Drivers only.
HOW TO INSTALL GALAXY S6 AND S6 EDGE DRIVERS
Before proceeding, let’s first clean your computer of leftover drivers that haven’t been completely uninstalled and are conflicting (or might do so) with the new drivers. So, do this:
- First off disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Uninstall any previous drivers installed for your phone on your computer by going to Control Panel and Remove Programs.
- Reboot your computer.(Optional but Recommended)
Now follow the two driver installation methods discussed below:
METHOD 1 — DRIVER INSTALLER FILE
Installing drivers using this method should work in almost every case, if not, refer to the next method. This involves drivers only installation, and the next method involves installing drivers through Samsung’s Kies software.
Download Samsung Galaxy S6 Driver (15.32 MB)
- Download the Galaxy S6 driver setup file from the link above.
- Double-click/run the setup file on your Windows PC and begin the drivers installation.
- (Optional but Recommended) Once finished, reboot your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to PC, it should be recognized well in all three modes — MTP, ADB and Download mode.
METHOD 2 — SAMSUNG KIES 3 Also Works on MAC(FULLPROOF METHOD)
Install Kies — Samsung’s proprietary software for connecting your phone on your PC for managing Backup and Media. It will install the proper drivers for your phone.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies 3 → Download link
- Once installation is finished, your Galaxy S6 should be working on the PC.
Now it is certain you have a working drivers on your PC.
In case you may need some troubleshooting….
- Connect your phone to other USB ports on your computer.
- Try different USB cables. The original cable that came with your phone should work best, if not try any other branded cable of good quality.
- Reboot computer.
- Unistall drivers by going to Device Manager and uninstalling drivers and then re-installing it.