How Asus is Mis-Leading Users with Zenfone 2
Asus Zenfone 2 was launched in India and many parts of worlds with several variants. The model, ZE550ML priced at INR 12,999 which is most economical is also known by same name Zenfone 2 and this brings us to Asus marketing technique which is effective but misleading.
Asus is basically offering four variants of Zenfone 2 in India. While most of the specification remains the same, there are several key differences efficiently misleading consumers and creating confusion, so let us make everything clear with our detailed analysis on Zenfone 2 variant. For easy understanding we are comparing all models with the high end 4GB RAM model as almost all major tech websites have received it as review units.
First thing first what are the variants. There is basically four variants, which can again be classified in two named ZE550ML and ZE551ML. ZE550ML is base Zenfone 2 variant costing just INR 12,999 while ZE551ML again has three more variants one with 2GB RAM, another two with 4GB RAM.
Don’t forget to see Asus extra little spam comments done back to back when I tweeted them link for my article. That’s what I am talking about, this is how brands mislead. If you see those comments, they are not from fanboys who are awesome, but clearly formulated to prove this post wrong. You can also open their discuss profile to see that they all have commented for very first time. I was also banned on their official facebook group when I defended Mi4i unfair comparison with Zenfone 2.
Zenfone 2 ZE550ML vs ZE551ML
Zenfone 2 ZE550ML vs ZE551ML has lot in common still following are the key distinguishing features :
- HD 720p Display instead of 1080p found in other ZE551ML variants.
- The Back Cover is similar to one found in Zenfone 5 with matte finish. It does’t feature the same metallic brushing as found on ZE551ML variants. It is not detailed by Asus either knowingly or unintentionally. As this is one of defining aspects of looks Asus should have mentioned it as first wave of users will be highly disappointed. Or Asus should have renamed ZE550ML as Zenfone 2 lite to make it more clear to consumers.
- It also lacks NFC which is not ground breaking still some users use NFC.
- No Gyro-Scope in ZE550ML which is most major hardware difference. Gyro-Scope is required for proper functioning of Google Cardboard and many other precision related operations.
- It only comes with 2GB RAM.
- Lastly the in-box charger is not capable of quick charging. Though it has been clearly mentioned in website at footnote, so you cannot blame Asus for this.
So here was the list of difference in Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551ML. Now lets find out how are three model of Zenfone 2 ZE551ML different from each other.
ZE551ML Variants Differences
- One variants have 2GB RAM while other two feature 4GB RAM.
- 2GB RAM versions has 16GB storage while other two feature 32GB or 64GB.
- 2GB RAM version has Intel Z3560 SoC clocked at 1.8GHz while 4GB variants have Z3580 SoC clocked at 2.3GHz.
- Only 4GB variant come with Quick Charger included in retail box.
- All ZE551ML have NFC, Gyro-Sensor and their is no difference whatsoever apart from those listed above.
So now you can easily get the one which is perfect for you. ZE550ML is priced INR 12,999 and ZE551ML 2GB variant is priced INR 14,999. The highest model with 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM is priced at INR 19,999 and the 64GB version will cost INR 22,999.
Guys if you liked the post please share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Whatsapp…