How To Root Lenovo A7000 and Install CWM Recovery
Lenovo A7000 is a capable device and priced low at INR 8,999. It comes pre-loaded with Android Lollipop and power users would like to add some tweaks and customization at system level. So here we are with a guide that will help you to root your Lenovo A7000 with ease.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Lenovo A7000 Easily
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
This root guide is intended for Lenovo A7000 only.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is mandatory as this will wipe all internal data even music, photos and videos. Backup is always recommended. Below is guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Here’s link to download Lenovo A7000 Root Package
Step 2: Step by Step guide to Root Lenovo A7000
- Download Lenovo A7000 Root Package listed in Step-1
- Enable developer options by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
- Enable unknown sources
Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option
- Now extract the Flash Tool archive downloaded in Step 1 and click on flash_tool.exe.
- In the Scatter Loading field go to the folder where you extracted the Flash Tool and select MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
- Now click on options followed by Download. Make sure DA DL all with Checksum is checked.
- Close options box and in Download tab make sure to select Download Only option from dropdown as shown on screenshot.
- Now just click on checkbox recovery and browse to the extracted files and locate recovery.img
- Turn off your Lenovo A7000 and pull battery out.
- Hit the big download button on top right and connect the phone with usb cable in switch off condition.
- Now you will see the red stripe showing download percentage.
- After completion you can see a green circle with tick mark. Now disconnect and start your smartphone. You now have root access.
After successfully flashing the recovery your Lenovo A7000 is now rooted. Congratulation now you have proper root access.
- If your device not detected pull battery and again connect it with PC with some other port.
- Try using another PC.
- Make sure to install drivers in case it is not getting detected. Here is download link for USB Drivers
Verify Root Access
To verify root access on your Lenovo A7000 install the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble while rooting Lenovo A7000 or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post with friends.