Samsung Galaxy J7 has been launched a while ago and it rocks a solid CPU and good specification for its price to compete with Chinese invasion. Here is the easiest way to root all the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F and other Galaxy J7 variants.
So in today’s guide we will show you how to root the ultra premium Galaxy J7 to unleash its true potential.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Easily
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy EJ SM-J700F and all carrier unlocked models of Galaxy J7. If you have any other variant this tutorial is not for you.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is not mandatory but is always recommended. Below is guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Here’s link to download
- TWRP –Click Here to Download: twrp-220.127.116.11-j7elte.img.tar
- Odin: Odin 3.10.7
- SuperSU : Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
Step 2: Install Drivers
Install the Galaxy J7 Download mode drivers by visiting this link.
Step 3: Steps to Root Galaxy J7
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping on build number continuously for 7-10 times.
- Now go back and you can see Developer Options enabled, now just enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Download the files from download section.
- Extact Odin and right click and open it as administrator.
- Select the download twrp-18.104.22.168-j7elte.img.tar file in PDA or AP area depending on Odin version you are using.
- Turn off phone and press home + volume down + power key together to put phone in download mode.
- Press Volume Up key to confirm booting to Download Mode.
- Connect phone to PC and it should be listed as COMX with blue field.
- Now press start to begin flashing.
- If Odin doesn’t detect your phone try connecting phone again in different port or using original cable.
- After successfully flashing phone it will show Pass. Disconnect phone and Restart.
- Transfer the SuperSU to your mobile.
- Reboot to recovery using Volume Up + Home + Power Key together.
- It will ask you to Swipe to Allow Modification, just slide the arrow from left to right to enable modification.
- Install SuperSU by clicking on Install Zip and browsing for SuperSU.zip and Swiping to confirm installtion.
- Now just reboot phone and Enjoy.
Congratulation now you have proper root access on Samsung Galaxy J5 / Galaxy E5.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access by installing the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post with friends.