Samsung Galaxy J5 and Galaxy E5 features almost similar specification and hence both have same rooting procedure. Here is the easiest way to root all the Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F/SM-J500H and Galaxy E5 SM-E500F/SM-E500H variants.
So in today’s guide we will show you how to root the ultra premium Galaxy E5 and J5 to unleash its true potential.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 and Galaxy E5 Easily
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500F, SM-E500H and Samsung Galaxy J5 all carrier unlocked models. If you have any other variant this tutorial is not for you.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is not mandatory but is always recommended. Below is guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Here’s link to download
- Samsung Galaxy J5 and E5 – SM-E500F/SM-J500F, SMJ500F/DS, SM-J500FN – CF_Auto_Root
- Samsung Galaxy J5 and E5 – SM-E500H/SM-J500H, SMJ500H/DS, SM-J500HN – CF_Auto_Root
- Odin: Odin 3.10.7
Step 2: Install Drivers
Install the Galaxy J5 and E5 Download mode drivers by visiting this link.
Step 3: Reboot to Download mode and Flash Kernel
- Extract the downloaded file and you will get a new .tar or .md5 file of about 28 mb.
- Odin is bundled in package so just right click and open it as administrator.
- Select the previously extracted CF Autoroot .tar file in PDA or AP area depending on Odin version you are using.
- Turn off phone and press home + volume down + power key together to put phone in download mode.
- Press Volume Up key to confirm booting to Download Mode.
- Connect phone to PC and it should be listed as COMX with blue field.
- Now press start to begin flashing.
- If Odin doesn’t detect your phone try connecting phone again in different port or using original cable.
- After successfully flashing phone will restart and will take a while to start. After it starts it will show Android is Upgrading.
- Open SuperSU and select Normal Install.
- Now just reboot phone once again and Enjoy.
Congratulation now you have proper root access on Samsung Galaxy J5 / Galaxy E5.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access by installing the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post with friends.
Also if you would like to contribute to growth of our website you can Paytm us your contributions by Scanning QR Code below or entering +91-9439105556