Oppo F1 has been upgraded to Android M using a beta version of Project Spectrum and now we are here with Beta Version of Android Marshmallow for Oppo R7 Plus.
Here we help you to update to beta version of Project Spectrum 1.0i Beta on your Oppo R7 Plus which also upgrades core Android to Android Marshmallow aka Android 6.0.
The list of features carried forward from Oppo Color OS includes:-
1. Screen-off Gestures:
- Project Spectrum now supports double tap to wake up/turn off the screen, draw a circle to open the camera app and custom a gesture to open an application.
- This feature is turned off by default, to use it please enable it in Settings -> Accessibility -> Screen-off gestures
- After you’ve added a custom gesture to delete or modify it please swipe the item left
2. ColorOS Camera
The Camera app ported from ColorOS is supporting the following plugins: Beautify, Filters, Panorama, HDR, GIF, Double exposure and Expert Mode
3. ColorOS Photos
The Photos app is a simplified version from ColorOS with key features needed to work properly with the Camera App
4. Beautiful Wallpapers
We’ve carefully selected some beautiful wallpapers from ColorOS as preset wallpapers for you
5. VOOC Flash Charge
This version support VOOC flash charge but there is not icon displayed in status bar
6. OTA package support
For future Project Spectrum versions OTA package will be available along with the full wipe package.
7. Fingerprint Sensor
Project Spectrum supports fingerprint sensor which allows you to set fingerprints to unlock the phone
Important Note: Make sure you have stock recovery. To flash to ColorOS remember DO NOT use 3rd party recovery like TWRP otherwise you may end up bricking your phone.
Steps to Update Oppo R7 Plus to Android Marshmallow/Project Spectrum
- Make sure your Oppo R7 Plus is updated to latest Color OS 2.1.0i (build date 160227). If not download all the pending updates from phone or using this link.
- If you have updated proceed to Step 5 otherwise transfer the downloaded update zip from step 1 to your Oppo R7 Plus.
- Boot into Recovery by pressing Volume Down + Power Key and Select the language, then tap on Install from SD and select the downloaded SD you transferred in Step 2 and Flash.
- Now Restart your phone.
- So now are on latest Color OS 2.1.0i and now you can download the New Project Spectrum Android Marshmallow Oppo R7 Plus Flash Package.
Full Wipe Package
File size: 977MB
Download: [CLICK HERE]
- Transfer the downloaded file to your Oppo R7 Plus and repeat instructions on Step 2.
- Perform a full wipe as it is mandatory from recovery by selecting Wipe Data and Cache and then selecting yes.
- Now you can enjoy the beta version of Oppo Project Spectrum on your Oppo R7 Plus.
Also you can update to newer version easily from phone via OTA. As this is beta version there may be few issues which will be fixed eventually so if you want to downgrade just download the file from Step 1 and flash it just like you flashed the Android Marshmallow file.