Oppo has been criticised a thousand times for Chinese Flavoured Color OS and it has been working hard since then on a Project Spectrum, which will be based on Stock Android and will also include special tweaks to make Oppo users experience even more delightful.
Now a beta version of Project Spectrum for Oppo F1 is ready for download and it is based on Android Marshmallow aka Android 6.0.
The list of features carried forward from Oppo Color OS includes:-
1. Screen-off Gestures:
- Project Spectrum now supports double tap to wake up/turn off the screen, draw a circle to open the camera app and custom a gesture to open an application.
- This feature is turned off by default, to use it please enable it in Settings -> Accessibility -> Screen-off gestures
- After you’ve added a custom gesture to delete or modify it please swipe the item left
2. ColorOS Camera
The Camera app ported from ColorOS is supporting the following plugins: Beautify, Filters, Panorama, HDR, GIF, Double exposure and Expert Mode
3. ColorOS Photos
The Photos app is a simplified version from ColorOS with key features needed to work properly with the Camera App
4. Beautiful Wallpapers
We’ve carefully selected some beautiful wallpapers from ColorOS as preset wallpapers for you
5. OTA package support
For future Project Spectrum versions OTA package will be available along with the full wipe package.
Important Note: Make sure you have stock recovery. To flash to ColorOS remember DO NOT use 3rd party recovery like TWRP otherwise you may end up bricking your phone.
Steps to Update Oppo F1 to Android Marshmallow/Project Spectrum
- Make sure your Oppo F1 is updated to latest Color OS 2.1.0 (build date 20160507). If not download all the pending updates from phone or using this link.
- If you have updated proceed to Step 5 otherwise transfer the downloaded update zip from step 1 to your Oppo F1.
- Boot into Recovery by pressing Volume Down + Power Key and Select the language, then tap on Install from SD and select the downloaded SD you transferred in Step 2 and Flash.
- Now Restart your phone.
- So now are on latest Color OS 2.1.0i and now you can download the New Project Spectrum Android Marshmallow Oppo F1 Flash Package.
File size: 990MB
Download: [CLICK HERE]
- Transfer the downloaded file to your Oppo F1 and repeat instructions on Step 2.
- Perform a full wipe as it is mandatory from recovery by selecting Wipe Data and Cache and then selecting yes.
- Now you can enjoy the beta version of Oppo Project Spectrum.
Also you can update to newer version easily from phone via OTA. As this is beta version there may be few issues which will be fixed eventually so if you want to downgrade just download the file from Step 1 and flash it just like you flashed the Android Marshmallow file.