Moto G5 Plus rocks a pretty solid configuration for its price and to unlock the true potential of the beast you need to root and unlock its bootloader.
Here in this easy to follow tutorial we will guide you to unlock bootloader of Moto G5 Plus and its variant without much fuss.
[icon name=”exclamation-triangle” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] But First
All your data will be lost and probably service center may deny warranty so be cautious and backup any data before moving forward.
[icon name=”list-ul” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Unlock Moto G5 Plus Bootloader
So now you are all in for unleashing the potential of your Moto G5 Plus. First download the files from download section and then proceed to step by step tutorial.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Downloads
- Minimal ADB Toolkit [icon name=”long-arrow-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Click Here
- Moto USB Drivers [icon name=”long-arrow-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Click Here
[icon name=”align-justify” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Step By Step Guide to Unlock Moto G5 Plus Bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping Build Number 7 times.
- Then Enable OEM Unlock by going to Settings > Developer options and tapping the enable OEM Unlock button.
- Turn off the smartphone.
- Restart it in fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down and Power Key together.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Now visit [icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Motorola Bootloader Unlock website.
- Read the entire page and then proceed by clicking on next.
- Then you will be asked to sign in. If you have existing Moto Account sign in using that or sigup by clicking link below or you can use Google+ Sign in option.
- Next you need to open minimal fastboot and adb tool and type the command given below
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Now a code shall appear For Example: On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would be
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
(bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230(bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
- Copy the code and paste it in [icon name=”external-link” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Data Scrub tool and then select the entire code and paste it in point 6 on Moto Request Unlock Tool website.
- Now click on I Agree and you should see a Get Unlock Code now, click on it.
- Open your email and you should see Unlock code.
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
- It will give a warning and ask you to enter command again. Just enter the same command again and unlock successful message will be prompted.
- Congratulations for successfully unlocking bootloader of your Moto G5 Plus.