How to Enable Google Assistant on Any Android Smartphone
Google has rolled out Assistant to all Android devices, but Google Now is not being replaced automatically for many users and this handy yet easy to follow tutorial will help you to enable Google Assitant without a hitch on your smartphone.
Step by Step Guide to Enable Google Assistant
- Update Google Play Services to version 10.2.98 or newer. If you are unsure just follow this link to visit Play Store.
- Change your device language to English (US) by going in Settings App > Language and Input and then in Change Language options.
Note: Certain Oppo and Vivo phone may have Language settings under Addition Settings.
- Update the Google App to the latest by following this link to visit Play Store.
- Now clear the cache and data of Google App by going to Settings>Application and then tapping on data.
- Make sure to set the language to English (US) inside the Google App as well.
- After completing all the steps, summon Google Search by holding Home Button on your smartphone and you should see a screen for getting started with Google Assistant.
- Minimum 2GB RAM is required and you need to have at least Android Marshmallow or newer version of Android for Assistant to work.
- Also, the display resolution should be minimum 720p for Assistant to work.