Oreo Open Beta OxygenOS ROM Live for OnePlus 3 and 3T
Oneplus is known for faster software updates and thanks to their in-house stock-based Oxygen OS they are all set to roll the latest Android dessert, Oreo… ummmm, I guess it is a cookie which is loved by millions.
Android Oreo update is now available for Oneplus 3 and 3T albeit in beta version. It brings along system-wide autofill, picture in picture mode, new quick settings design and other Oreo goodies.
How to Install Android Oreo aka Android 8.0 Beta on Oneplus 3 and 3T
- The build will wipe app and cache data, but Internal Storage will be saved (ie: pictures and files)
- Users who revert their device back to the special build can still OTA update the device to Android O build at a later date.
- Steps to revert:
- Download special build
- Copy to Internal storage
- Reboot to recovery Mode to install
- Choose “Install from Local”
- Choose the downloaded build to install
- Special builds for latest Android N Open Beta builds(S3 Link):
Here is detailed changelog straight from Oneplus Forum.
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpaper
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and Bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized