How to Root Oneplus 5T and Install TWRP Quick and Easy
Oneplus 5T is an extraordinary smartphone at an ordinary price and it definitely has won midrange smartphone buyers heart.
In this easy to follow guide we will help out to easily root Oneplus 5T.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Oneplus 5T Easily
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for Oneplus 5T. If you have any other variant this tutorial is not for you.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is not mandatory but is always recommended. Below is guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Here’s link to download
Step 2: Install Drivers
Install the Oneplus 5T Download mode drivers by visiting this link.
Step 3: Steps to Unlock Oneplus 5T Bootloader
- Turn off the Oneplus 5T.
- Now boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot mode.
- Open minimal adb and then type
fastboot oem unlock
- On your phone a Warning unlocking bootloader will be shown press volume up and then power key to confirm the unlocking process.
- Now all data will be wiped and bootloader will be unlocked.
Step 4: Steps to Root Oneplus 5T
- Transfer downloaded SuperSU from Downloads section.
- Enable Developer Options:
On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number 7 times and you will get a confirmation that Developer Options is now enabled.
- Enable USB Debugging:
Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging
- Also check Enable OEM Unlocking and Advanced Reboot in Developer options.
- Now press and hold power key and tap on reboot and select fastboot.
- Now again connect phone to pc and open minimal fastboot and type
fastboot flash recovery (file name).img
Note: Replace (file name) with the name of TWRP downloaded by you from download section.
- After this type:
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now device will boot in TWRP recovery and a popup will appear to allow system modification. Swipe right to confirm.
- Select language you understand and then go to install and browse for SuperSU file transferred to your device.
- Swipe right to confirm flash and the reboot your smartphone.
- Congratulations you can now enjoy root access on your smartphone.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access by installing the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post with friends.