How to Root Yu Yureka and Install Custom Recovery Easily
Yu brand has built a sizeable fan base in India just weeks after its launch all because of its affordable price and top line specification combined with Cyanogen Mod it meant even updates will be seeded faster then ever. Now we have a working rooting procedure for Yu Yureka.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to device. We will not be held liable in any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Yu Yureka Easily
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from same brand or different brand.
This guide is for Yu Yureka only.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is mandatory as this will wipe all internal data even music, photos and videos. Backup is always recommended. Below is guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Step 2: Unlock Bootloader
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools if you don’t have it already and install it.
- Place the downloaded recovery inside the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot on 64bit OS or C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot on 32bit OS and rename it to recovery.img.
- Turn off your Yu Yureka and connect it to to PC. When notification light glows RED press and hold Volume Up till it boots to Fastboot Screen.
- Type the bold content inside the terminal or copy paste fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
- Hit enter and your bootloader is now unlocked.
Step 4: Reboot to Fastboot mode, Flash Recovery and Root
- Boot again in fastboot mode by turning off your Yu Yureka and connecting it to to PC. When notification light glows RED press and hold Volume Up till it boots to Fastboot Screen.
- Type the bold content inside the terminal or copy paste fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img
- And hurray now you have custom recovery.
- Now transfer the SuperSu.zip to your smartphone by powering it on to system and connecting phone to PC.
- Turn off phone and hold Volume up + Volume down + Power button to boot in recovery.
- Using volume keys install SuperSu by selecting Install zip > and selecting supersu.zip transferred to obtain root privilege.
After successfully flashing the SuperSU reboot to system and congratulation now you have proper root access.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access by installing the Root Check from Play Store.
If you faced any trouble or have any thing to say just drop your comment below. Do share the post with friends