How to Download & Update Asus Zenfone Selfie Android 6.0 Marsmallow
Asus, the well known Taiwanese smartphone maker has now launched Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Zenfone Selfie and this update bring the best from Google.
The Android 6.0 update will be provided Over the Air from Setting > Check For Updates page but in case you need to download and update due to a failed update or to ensure no leftover files from current version messes with the handset later on and cause troubles, here is your handy guide to update it to Android M aka Marshmallow.
Official Release Note
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, it is recommended back up data and relocate media files (pictures & vides) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loadeded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
1. Omlet Chat
2. Data Transfer
3. Photo Frame
4. ASUS Backup
5. Dr. Safety
6. What’s Next
7. Party Link
8. Remote Link
9. PC Link
10. Yahoo Shopping
11. EZ Ding
15. Dr. Eye
17. Puffin Browser
19. Google Settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
- Add new features and new apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS Messaging, and won’t be preloaded in this software version. You can use GMail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger for relevant services.
How to Update Asus Zenfone Selfie to Android 6.0 Firmware
- ASUS ZenFone Selfie ZD551KL variant(WWregion)
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever
Disclaimer: Although updating your device using official firmware from the company doesn’t voids your device’s warranty, it remains a manual process and thus needs caution. It is advisable to take a full backup of your device so that you don’t loose your data in case anything goes wrong. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup necessary stuff. In case your device is wiped off, it’s good to have backup of contacts, photos, videos and other files. Here is our guide to perform Android Device Backup.
PART 1: Confirm and Download the Update for Zenfone Selfie
- Confirm your Asus Zenfone Selfie is the right model for update. Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Version and check if its WW or CN in Current Software Version.
- Is it a WW model? You cannot use any other region’s model, like CN, TW, etc. IF yes then only proceed to next steps.
- Download the firmware update for your Asus Zenfone Selfie from here. File: UL-Z00T-WW-188.8.131.522-user.zip (1.63 GB)
- Don’t extract the .zip file you got as it need to be transferred to root of your Internal Storage. Note: Don’t put it inside any folder or sub-folder of internal storage. Put it where you have folders like DCIM, Android, Movies, Ringtones, etc.
Part 2: Transfer the Update and Flash on Zenfone Selfie
- Disconnect the Zenfone Selfie from PC. Once you do this, phone should recognise the update automatically.
- Phone will show a notification saying ‘System Update File Detected.. Touch to start the system update’. That’s your thing.
- Touch the Notification to get a pop-up.
- Pop-up will show a filename of your update mentioning highlights of update tap on OK to start the process.
- Phone will enter recovery mode and will install the Android 6.0 on your Zenfone Selfie by itself. When it’s done, it will restart automatically, and you can go to Settings > About phone to confirm the new software version.
- Additionally you can Reset the Settings for ensuring complete refresh of device to avoid any hiccup post update.
That’s it. Need any help? Shoot it in the comments section below or Whatsapp us at +91-7008117168