OnePlus Looses Every Bit of Originality, Includes iPhone X Style Gestures in Latest Update
The war between Apple and Android fans isn’t new and both platforms are often seen borrowing features from one another.
OnePlus team has yet again copied the gestures from iPhone X and implemented them in their latest Beta 3 Oreo update for OnePlus 5T.
It also hides the onscreen navigation buttons for more screen estate and is optional as you need to manually turn it on by going to settings and disable the navigation bar.
Spectre vulnerabilities have been patched as well in this beta, also the controversial Clipboard app has also been removed.
For all those on Open Beta testing the update will be pushed OTA and shall appear in your notification panel.
- Added pick-up gesture switcher
- You can now choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a phone call
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Removed Clipboard function (Thanks for your feedback, we removed this feature based on that.)
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Added new Navigation gestures that you can enable by going into settings and disabling the nav bar.
- India only: Added SMS categorization function for India only (This is an India only feature that auto-sorts your SMS messages into categories)