Xiaomi has emerged as one of the most popular brands among budget smartphone buyers and their latest device Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro are flying off the shelves like hot cakes.
If you were lucky enough to grab Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 Pro here is a quick and easy guide to root and install TWRP on your Xiaomi smartphone.
Rooting your device may cause loss of warranty.
You are only responsible for any further losses and damages caused to the device. We will not be held liable under any circumstances.
Before Proceeding read Benefits and Losses from Rooting
Guide on How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro Easily
Before you proceed any further make sure to charge your device above 30%, though we recommend a full charged device before rooting.
Step -1: Make Sure Device Model No
Check the model number of device and make sure you have correct model or device for which the guide is prepared. Be warned before using this guide with any other product from the same brand or different brand.
This guide is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Snapdragon 625 or Redmi Note 5 Pro Snapdragon 636 variant sold in India. If you have any other variant this tutorial is not for you.
Step 0: Backup your Device
Backup is not mandatory but is always recommended. Here is a guide on how to backup most of your data.
Step 1: Downloads the following files
Here’s a link to download
- ifelixit Toolkit Flasher WhyRed-Vince: Click Here to Download
- Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0: Click Here to Download
- SuperSU: Click Here to Download
- Quick ADB: Click Here to Download
Step 2: Install Drivers
Install the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro Fastboot mode drivers by visiting this link.
Step 3: Steps to Root Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Unlock Bootloader by following this tutorial on how to unlock Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro Bootloader.
- Download the files from the download section.
- Transfer Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0 and SuperSU to your smartphone.
- Turn to USB Debugging on your smartphone by going to Settings>About Device and tapping 7 times on build number. Now go to Developer Options and enable USB debugging.
- Connect the phone to PC.
- Now extract the ifelixit Toolkit Flasher WhyRed-Vince and click on ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT Whyred-Vince2.bat.
- Now enter 1 for Redmi Note 5 and 2 for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- If a popup to allow USB Debugging appears, click on OK
- Now just wait until you reboot to TWRP
- It will ask you to Swipe to Allow Modification, just slide the arrow from left to right to enable modification.
- Install Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0 first and then SuperSU by clicking on Install Zip.
- Now just reboot the phone and Enjoy.
Congratulation now you have proper root access to Redmi Note 4.
Verify Root Access
To verify root access by installing the Root Check from Play Store.